The track program is for all students in 1st to 8th grade who are members of St. Albert the Great Parish. Our season usually runs from the first week of March through the first week of June. Meets take place on Saturdays in late March through the end of April, with Championship meets in May.
The group each athlete competes in depends on their grade and date of birth.
- Varsity Track is offered for 3rd - 8th graders (with three different age groups)
- Cadet division is for all 7th and 8th graders (with a specific birth date cutoff)
- Minor division is for 5th, 6th, & 7th graders (with specific birth date cutoff)
- Novice division is for 3rd, 4th, & 5th graders (with specific birth date cutoff)
- There is a Bantom division offered to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders (with specific birth date cutoff).
Practices will be held at Murray Ave Track 550 Red Lion Rd, Lower Moreland, PA. All practice is outside, so please dress for the weather, bring water, and make sure your child has a good pair of running shoes.
All varsity athletes may compete in races (100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1600m and 4x100m, 4x200m, 4x400m & 4x800m relay teams), long jump, high jump and shot put. The triple jump is for Cadets only. Bantoms may compete in all races and long jump.
The team also competes in the Penn Relays.
Schedule & Meet Locations
First practice of the season: TBD.
Normal Practice days and times are: TBD
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia has mandated that all CYO teams register through the SI Play website: https://stalbertthegreat.siplay.com