St Albert the Great CYO offers children in our parish community a unique opportunity to participate in a wide variety of Sports and Community Service projects in a Christian environment. The CYO is comprised entirely of volunteers who are critical to the success of the programs.
CYO Sports is one component of a parish's comprehensive youth ministry program which enables the partnership of parents, coaches, priests, religious, teachers, and adult leaders to manage and support a sports program that allows youth to grow in their relationship with God and come to better understand themselves and the Catholic Faith.
Such a program:
- Employs healthy and enjoyable competition to promote the sharing of gospel values among athletes, parents and coaches.
- Assists parish leadership in nourishing the emotional, spiritual, social and physical needs of young people.
- Encourages young people to appreciate the gifts that they possess, and challenges them to share these gifts with their community.
- Allows youth to witness the life of Christian Discipleship in their coaches and adult leaders.
- Encourages youth to become responsible members of their faith community.