CYO Cross Country
CYO Cross Country is for all students from 2nd to 8th grade who are members of St Albert the Great Parish.
Athletes are grouped based on their date of birth.
- Sub Novice: Born between 1/1/09- 12/31/12. Will run 1.25 miles
- Novice: Born 2007-2008. Will run 1.86 miles
- Minor: Born 2005-2006. Will run 1.86 miles (more difficult route than Novice group)
- Cadets: Born 2003-2004 or after Sept 1st 2002. Will run 2.48 miles
Practices will be held at Lorimer Park (Parking lot is located at 183 Moredon Rd in Huntingdon Valley).
- Schedule TBD
- Please be on time and make sure the athletes have water and a good pair of running shoes.
- Athletes will be grouped based on their abilities and gradually work toward their distance goal.
We suggest that any newcomers to the sport attend a few practices before registering. The first few practices will be open so that the children and parents can gauge their interest.
The tentative practice schedule will be Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays 6pm-7pm. Practice runs will take place on the trails and hills located throughout the park
The overall season will run from early September through the end of October. Meets are held on Sundays and begin at 1pm, with the Sub Novices running first followed by Novices, Minors then Cadets. Girls run first followed by the boys. Meet schedules are tentative and will be updated when the region releases the final schedule.