Volunteers Desperately Needed!
(New fee waiver program)
We are in dire need of additional help!! We have reached a point where programs are being cancelled due to a lack of volunteers. As children graduate, parents on the CYO Board and coaching staff retire. We have lost many exceptional volunteers and need to fill those positions to keep our programs viable. Because of the dire need, the CYO Board has voted to waive CYO registration fees for the children of parents filling one of the following positions:
Sport Commissioner: Sport Commissioners serve as program coordinators and handle the business aspect of a specific sport. This is a perfect position for an organized individual who may not have the skill or knowledge to be a coach. Sport Commissioners are voting members of the CYO Board of Directors. Sport Commissioners will have CYO fees waived for ALL sports in which their children participate.
At-Large Commissioners: At-Large Commissioners serve as support personnel who assist other commissioners. This position allows you to learn the inner-workings of the CYO while helping to coordinate the programs. At-Large Commissioners are voting members of the CYO Board of Directors. At-Large Commissioners will have CYO fees waived for TWO sports of their choice.
Coaches: Coaches coordinate practices, schedule games, coordinate referees, and ensure a positive learning experience for the children. Coaches will be assigned by and supported by the Sport Commissioner. Coaches will have CYO fees waived for their children participating in the sport which they coach (if the coach has no child participating in the sport, alternate arrangements will be made).
We currently have openings for:
- V/JV (5th-8th Grade) Boys & Girls Soccer Commissioner
- Novice (3rd-4th Grade) Boys & Girls Soccer Commissioner
- V/JV (5th-8th Grade) Girls Volleyball Commissioner
- High School (9th-12th Grade) Co-ed Parish Volleyball Commissioner
- Intramural (PreK-4th Grade) Baseball Commissioner
- (2) At-Large Commissioners
- Many Coaching Positions Available
All volunteers must comply with Archdiocesan and PA state mandated clearance requirements.
- Safe Environment Training
- Mandatory Reporting Training
- FBI Fingerprint Background Check
- PA State Police Background Check
- DPW Child Abuse Check
- Coaches Online Clinic (Coaches Only)
- Coaches Orientation (In-person Seminar)…waived for one year with the online clinic
For more information or to see a complete list of the required clearances, visit http://www.saintalthegreat.org/safe_environment.htm or http://cyophilly.com/for-coaches-staff/.
Registration fee waivers will begin in January of 2017 with all new registrations…there will not be retroactive waivers.
If you are interested in joining the board, coaching a team, or obtaining more information, please contact the Athletic Director, Joe Domico.