St. Albert the Great CYO offers a one time scholarship of $500 to each of 2 eighth grade students (1 boy and 1 girl) each year. The winner will be announced at graduation and presented with a certificate. The funds will be paid directly to the winner’s tuition account once enrolled in an eligible Catholic high school (Archdiocesan or private).
- Applicants must be of good character and serve as a positive role model for other youth.
- Must be a registered member of St. Albert the Great Parish or attend St. Albert the Great School
- Student must have participated in at least one St. Albert the Great CYO sport or service activity each year in 5th through 8th grade
- Student must plan to attend a Catholic high school (Archdiocesan or private)
- Student must hold a B average or higher
- Must demonstrate positive Christian values
- Submission of completed on-line application prior to the deadline…NO LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
- Verification of grades
- Recommendation from one coach or CYO Board member
- The CYO Board will appoint a selection committee to select one boy and one girl applicant based on predetermined criteria
- To ensure a fair and equitable process, CYO Board members who have students in the 8th grade are ineligible to participate in the selection process
- The selection committee will judge the submissions based solely on content
- Upon selection of two final candidates, CYO Executive Board members will verify that all eligibility requirements have been met
- If a final candidate is determined to be ineligible, the runner-up will be selected
Applications for the 2017 Scholarship are currently being accepted through Sunday, May 14, 2017. Applications must be submitted online.
Apply for the Scholarship
The CYO Scholarship Electronic Application Form is closed. Late submissions will not be accepted. If you believe that you have received this message in error, please contact the athletic director by clicking the "Contact Us" button on the home page.